Saturday, June 13, 2015

One year...No Fear!

I have been trying to write something insanely funny, witty or sentimental for this one year post, but nothing was forming in my mind.  I just realized that the first three words written on my one year MRI summary report were amazing enough, all on their own. My post transplant MRI showed, drumroll please... no new lesions, no enhancing lesions and Dr. Balabanov stated that some of my old lesions were smaller!!!!   My EDSS score, or disability rating was a 2.5-3 pre transplant.  Post transplant my EDSS score is 2.   Dr. Balabanov said that the 2 was an over estimate, but the lasting visual changes to my right eye from my optic neuritis put me at a 2.  No other MS treatment or drug lowers a patients disability score. We had prepared ourselves for anything, knowing that God was in control, but we are thankful to be celebrating this news!

It was great to be back in the city of Chicago, especially knowing that I wouldn't be spending the night in a hospital.  The kids got to experience all of our favorite things to see and do in Chicago.  

Let's start first with a forbidden picture.  Yes, Craig saw his favorite security guard.  No, she obviously wasn't on duty this day!

Enjoying some fountain time...it was hot!

Some yummy sweets from the Sprinkles cupcake ATM!

Nothing like the view from the Sky deck of the Sears tower...103rd floor!



Today, I'm thankful for this year!  
-It has been a year without MS medicine or prednisone infusions from a flair.
-A year of renewed strength and energy.
-A year of amazing hope and trust in this treatment
-A year of living the active and involved life I want.
-A year feeling infinitely blessed to have been able to find out about this treatment and have it completed.

See you next year!

~Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment