Monday, June 2, 2014

T minus one and Day 0

This is a day late, but I got a little tired after my cirque du soleil auditions yesterday in the room.   I didn't get a call back...not enough hair to swing from...the nerve!




Stem Cell infusion tomorrow at 10am!  Yipee! So Thankful Chemo is done!  It's my stem cell birthday tomorrow!

___________________________________________________________


Well, the lab showed up at 10 am with my my cryo-frozen stem cells!  It was like a mad science experiment with the dry ice bubbling out.  The cells are defrosted right in the room and need to be infused within 30 minutes to prevent them from dying.  Truly amazing!





They started the infusion and everything went off without a hitch.  I got a little bit of a weird taste in my mouth and experienced some flushing to my face, but all normal reactions and I felt fine.  I feel great now too...no nausea, no heaviness in my chest!  Thank you for your prayers!


My little bag of 16.8 million stem cells only took about 20 minutes to infuse...so anti-climactic!


Just to lighten the mood, I brought out my Veronica Viking Hat!



All done and ready for a walk!  Day 0 Done!  Now my stem cells find their way home and start rebuilding my  new immune system.  I'm waiting for engraftment which should be anytime between day 10-14.   I will keep you all posted on my progress.  Please continue to pray that I would avoid fevers, infections and general nastiness.  I'm about to be at my most vulnerable time (immune system tanking).   

 I'm thankful for a great, big, beautiful today and all the great, big, beautiful tomorrows!  Don't waste a single moment!

~Veronica










3 comments:

  1. Wow girl your amazing, makes me a little nervous you hanging upside down, still praying for you daily, love you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! Will be praying as you enter this precarious time that you have an extremely sterile set of days ahead. Keep up the good cheer and thanks for sharing this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my monkey-acrobat mommy!!!!!
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment