Saturday, May 31, 2014

T minus 2

Well today I received my last infusion of cytoxin.  I will be happy to be done with this poison as it was really cramping my style this morning...the nausea was through the roof, but the fantastic nurses here are on top of it and I'm feeling much better and have even gone out for my leisurely stroll. Had to skip the weights and the lunges. Good days, bad days.  Craig and I walked this morning during "rounds" and he wanted to help out some poor resident getting grilled but I made him keep going... I don't mean to make light of this situation...this is a big deal, but it helps to find the humor when you can.  Craig and I were "joking" with some frighteningly young guy in the hall this morning....he's a patient and we are on the oncology ward. So you can try to laugh, or you can cry. Another helicopter landed on top of the Children's Hospital today....That's why I post some funny pictures.

 I've been living on jamba juice, thanks Mom and Dad..Craig says the folks that work there are starting to wonder about him...time for a mustache.

Craig has been out and about with Dr. Brian Duncan showing him the sights of Chicago.  I hope he brought his urban hiking shoes because I think Craig has an Amazing Race Episode planned for him. It's been a much needed mental health break for Craig, better than staring at your nauseous wife!  We've been busy playing science hangman and guessing edible gummy injuries! I'm sure one of these is an MS brain lesion (too funny).  I think I like the blown pupil the best...that's never good. Thanks Maura!   They brought me another care package from the ER that had some yummy treats and some funny items you'll see in the pictures below.  Thank you Denise, Leah, Julia, Jaime, Andrea, Kathy, Allie and all of you in the ER...so fun! I get lots of meds so sorry if I forgot anyone. Our kids got another package from the hospital administration back home....they love it and we are grateful.






To clarify, these photos are in the morning


Tomorrow, I will get my last infusion of the rATG and Monday, at 10am, will be my stem cell infusion...day zero.  I'm slowly making my way through this journey.  This morning was hard and I suddenly missed my kids terribly thinking about how much longer I would be here....baby steps...one day at a time.

Today I'm thankful that Craig has a good friend like Brian to help take his mind off of things here. Still, they've hung out with me twice today and brought me a smoothie. I'm thankful that my God is ever present in times of trouble and I know He has me right in this place for this specific reason.  The Lord is my Shepherd!

~Veronica

2 comments:

  1. Love you friend and continue to pray with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!! You are almost there!! So glad you can laugh, I like the mustache, but the third eye is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment