Friday, May 30, 2014

T minus 3

Today was day -3 and one day closer to the finish line.  I'm having a bit more nausea and general fatigue, but it's also hard to sleep in the hospital and all the meds sort of throw off your circadian rhythm.  My white blood cell count and glucose are both elevated due to the steroids but at least that means I'm not yet neutropenic.  My potassium was low so they supplement me and I continue to enjoy the side effects of lasix, a diuretic. Yeah...that stuff is super fun, especially the 10pm dose. That's just wrong.

I wanted to include some pictures for friends and family so they know where we are and what we're doing. The laps on this floor are unfortunately shorter than during my last admission so Craig and I are learning the pictures on the walls fairly well.

          Same chemo...different day! You, too, can blog and order hospital food

We discovered a version of Jenga in the lounge so I let him beat me and we also found a child's toy that shoots soft foam disks...I lost that game, also. To his credit, Craig can shoot...but let's face it, I'm towing a four-bagger IV pole with enough stuff attached to look like C3PO is my date AND I'm in a blue plastic gown. That's a "target rich environment"...so I'm told.

I use some hands weights while walking and there's some steps I can climb and I try to do "lunges" down one hallway....a nice housekeeper today asked Craig if he was a "personal trainer".  No, ma'am, he's the Energizer Bunny.  He went out to get me some outside food and on the way back up he saw a doctor he recognized from when we were walking this morning...so he held the elevator and pushed the correct floor without being asked. By way of explanation, Craig told the guy he recognized him from earlier so he knew where he was going....it's that global awareness thing. The guy turned  and said "so how's it going up there, you guys knocking down walls and stuff? ".  Yep, he thought he was a construction guy on the 15 the floor.   Personal trainer, construction guy...both steps up from illegal photographer. Making progress!









Thanks for all the support and for helping spread the word about HSCT for MS.

Today I'm thankful for the staff on the 16 floor of Prentice Women's Hospital.  They have all been so kind, helpful and compassionate.  I feel so fortunate to be here getting this treatment.  I am blessed!

~Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment